Canadian tennis star Bianca Andreescu said Sunday she tested positive for COVID-19, forcing her to withdraw from the Madrid Open.
In a post on her Twitter feed, Andreescu said she tested negative twice before traveling to Madrid, but found out she tested positive upon her arrival.
“I am feeling good, I am resting, and continuing to follow the health protocols and safety guidelines,” Andreescu wrote in the post. “I look forward to getting back on the court very soon.”
— Bianca (@Bandreescu_) April 25, 2021
It was yet another setback for the 2019 US Open champion. She returned to action earlier this year after a 16-month layoff due to a knee injury she suffered late in 2019. She also retired from the Miami Open final against Ashleigh Barty earlier this month after a foot injury.